We're a husband and wife photography duo with over 30 years of combined experience. We specialize in family, weddings, events, and are absolute pros at capturing candids & ugly-cries. So while posed-portraits are absolutely stunning, our favorite is making sure we document the moments that take your breath away. Our style is photojournalistic, and we edit to emulate film. Somewhere between light & airy and dark & moody, you'll find us: lovers of vibrant colors that induce all the feels.Take a look, let us know if you'd like to sit down & chat.
Taken by the wonderful Jenny Collen, during our engagement photoshoot.
Modesto & Lana Tavares
1) I’m a huge animal lover. It is my life-long goal to build a nonprofit animal clinic that would pair senior citizens with shelter animals. My vision is to provide free medical services for these animals, thus decreasing the amounts of shelter animals while increasing a senior citizen’s quality of life.
2) Carbs. Are. Life. I’m forever hungry, thank God I can cook (insert ugly-cry).
3) I’ve been taking combat & tactical shooting classes for over 9 years. I know this is a touchy subject for some, but I am a huge advocate for women—specifically mothers—who are armed and able to protect themselves and their family. I believe that no law could ever interject a criminal’s actions when he chooses to commit a crime; the only crime prevention is the few extra pounds you decide to (legally) carry on your person.
4) I’m a writer who could easily double as a comedian...except I’m the only one who laughs at my jokes. What can I say, I believe in myself. 🤷🏼♀️
5) Although I can scientifically disprove astrology, I CHOOSE to believe that being a Capricorn Sun and Aries Moon makes me one badass mother*****, and one of the reasons why I always strive to be the hardest worker in the room.
About my business...
222 Photography was founded on a dream; it's entire entity is dependent on the single belief that, "if you do what you love, the money will follow." It was birthed from a breakup with a stable job that I held for nine years--a job that I gave my blood, sweat, and tears for. It emerged from the sheer determination to rise; to work 80 hours a week for myself so that I could avoid working the normal 40 for someone else.
It is curated from the calloused hands of an overworked and underappreciated single mother. It is an outcry for creativity, to create a business that will under-promise and over-deliver...a business I hope will both move and impress you.
My story? My story is simple. I'm an Orange County girl whose passion for writing and photography brought me to where I am today. The in-between doesn't matter as much as the moving-forward part of my journey--but today isn't about my journey, it's about yours.
So let's talk--how can I tell your story?